Zikography

The man, The shave, The theology.

August 01, 2012

Why I Almost Never Ordered Pizza 73 Again.

Aug 3, 2012: After a couple of tweets, Pizza 73 tweeted back and (1) empathized with what happened and (2) gave us a much more reasonable $15 credit.  Evidently, they do care... my boycott is over!
Re-titled post accordingly.

Aug 1, 2012: Original post entitled "Why I'm Never Ordering Pizza 73" below


I'm not one to generally hold grudges.  Things anger me, I vent, then I move on.
Not this time.  I hereby vow, on principle, to never order or eat Pizza 73 again.
Here's why:
(Preamble note: we don't eat pork/ham/bacon/pig products.  My wife doesn't eat mushrooms.  She was 7 months pregnant with twins.  All amplifying factors in the following true story.)

On June 30 2012, I ordered a Beef-and-Green-Pepper pizza, a Beef-and-Mushroom pizza and wings.
A reasonable 45 minutes later, the order arrived.  I paid, opened the boxes, and found two wildly wrong pizzas.  They both had some form of ham or pepperoni on it... straight to the garbage. So I promptly called customer service who dispatched replacement pizzas, and even claimed to put a rush on it.  Well done, or so I thought.
At least an hour passed (so much for the rush) before we got the second delivery.  And it was still half wrong.  This time, they sent two beef-and-mush pizzas.
My poor wife, mad with hunger, had to pick the mushrooms off the pizza and force it down.

Seriously, we paid for this sh*t treatment?

At this point I'm livid, and call customer service to look for a nugget, a sliver of a nugget, heck a reflection of a sliver of a nugget of empathy... after all, we paid $30 to get overrun by hunger and, ultimately, eat for sustenance rather than taste.

The customer service rep says "I can give you a $2.50 credit for the wrong topping".
$2.50.  Two dollars and fifty cents.  Two-fifty?!?  What am I gonna do with a $2.50 credit on my next purchase?!?  Call up the delivery guy to swing by just to say hi?  It wouldn't even cover that!!
What a ridiculous statement!

So I try to get corporate head office (someone named Eric Sabarin, spelling could be wrong).  I have now called and left him/her messages three times in an attempt to get a resolution.  Customer service claims that a manager had left me a voice message, but I didn't get it... and I have yet to "lose" a voice message.  Haven't yet heard back from them.

Evidently, Pizza 73 doesn't care that your meal was good, or went well, or that you enjoyed it.  They only care that you buy more.
Not from me, folks.  Not from me.

Hey Pizza Hut, would you do that to me?  Do you care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home