Zikography

The man, The shave, The theology.

April 13, 2006

Customer Service?!

A story inspired by Telus Business Internet Services...
------

It's frustrating enough when I find myself in a predicament regarding my phone, or cable, or some kind of service.
I always dread the call to the company providing the service, which inevitably goes something like this:

Automated system (girl's voice, soft, clear, excessively slow-speaking... we'll call her Beverly):
Hello. Your call is important to us.
Ziko, under his breath:
Bullshit.
Beverly:
I'm sorry, I did not understand that response. If you are calling about purchasing a new plan, say "New Plan".
[pause]
If you are calling to modify an existi...
Ziko coughs
Beverly:
I'm sorry, I did not understand that response. If you are calling about purchasing a new plan...
Ziko:
aw shit, it started again?
Beverly:
I'm sorry, I did not understand that response. If you are calling about purchas...
Ziko:
No, I DON'T want a new plan. I want someone to fix my plan!
Beverly:
Okay, it looks like you want to start a new plan. I...
Ziko:
NO NO!! CANCEL!!
Beverly:
Okay, let's go back to the main menu. If you are calling about purchasing a new plan, say "New Plan".
[pause]
Ziko holds his breath.

If you are calling to modify an existing account, say "Modify Account."
[pause]
Ziko holds his breath.

If you are calling to do some accounting, say "Accounting."
[pause]
Ziko covers the mic of his phone, and mutters to himself:
How many options are there?!
Beverly:
If you are calling about an issue with your current service, say "My current service sucks and you suck and this system sucks so let me talk to a real person who actually understands what I'm saying".
Ziko snaps out of a daydream.
Beverly:
If you are calling about an issue with your current service, say "Service Issues".
Ziko thinks to himself:
Aha!
and says:
Service Issues!
Beverly:
I'm sorry, your response was not understood. If...
Ziko:
Service!! Issue!!
Beverly:
I'm sorry, your..
Ziko:
AARGGH FUCK YOU!!!
Beverly:
I'm sorr...
Ziko:
Operator!
Beverly:
Okay, it looks like you want to speak to an operator.
[pause]
Ziko thinks to himself:
Finally!!
Beverly:
To speak to an operator about purchasing a new plan, say "New Plan".
[pause]
Ziko:
no no no No NO NOOOO!!!!
Beverly:
I'm sorry, your response was not understood. If you would like to...
A loud BANG shakes the room.
Beverly:
Okay, it sounds like you have committed suicide. If you would like to roam free as a ghost, say "Ghost". If you...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rehana Rajabali said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If only they made the voice as sexy as the announcer in the Dubai airport, people might have some more patience.

That was funny. Oh and I realized that if you intend to remain 21 forever...I'm older than you!

12:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious...

21:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home